JS
Posted By
Jamey_Swisher
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep getting and error message when trying to update Adobe Bridge. I have tried via Help in Bridge, Help in PS CS2, and also going to common files folder and starting Updater manually. The error I get is "Adobe® Bridge® 1.0.1 Update Failed to Install". It downloads fine but refuses to install.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
deebs
May 28, 2005
I know it sounds obvious but did you close Bridge before installing?

My workflow during updates is to
– initialise the update
– while download is in progress close the application (for extra piece of mind I usually close all applications just in case)
– continue with the update with no other applications running

The new Bridge is awesome but I guess there will always be moments while it has to update all its stuff. Once updated – it seems like a supercharged version of its predecessor
JS
Jamey_Swisher
May 28, 2005
Yes I have tried even manually started the updater without PS or anything else running.. and it still fails everytime… GRRRR.. starting to get very frustrated now.. been trying to get it working all night long now 🙁
L
LenHewitt
May 28, 2005
Please ask Bridge Questions in the Bridge Forum where the Bridge engineers are hanging out. http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d54

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections