HD
Posted By
Howard_Danaceau
Oct 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Full Parameter PDF Presentation is essential for me.

PDF Presentation (as in Photoshop – Bridge CS2 and CS3) with panels for selection of presentation prameters and saving with various levels of jpeg compression and image quality, presets and output color conversion, etc. . This was not only a very useful feature, but has become a required component of my workflow over the past three years. This to shoot all imaages in RAW, upload files to Bridge, develop a wide range of selected images with Camera RAW and then produce a PDF slide show of 20-25 ‘proofs’ while still in Bridge with a size of 10-15MB that can be emailed to various recipients for review and final selection. Final selections are then fine truned in Photoshop for printing. While some of the improvements in CS4 are useful, CS3 at present is more satisfactory and remains more useful than the CS4 upgrade. Addition of this feature as an update or legacy plug-in (the basic componets exist in CS4) would be more than acceoptable and allow me to complete the upgrade to CS4. Your attention and help will be very much appreciaated!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KG
Kathy Guo
Oct 29, 2008
You could try with the Output workspace in Bridge to see if that satisfy your requirement.
HD
Howard_Danaceau
Oct 29, 2008
Thank you. The output module provides only selection of presentation parameters but does not provide the PDF Presets panel previuosly included in the Photoshop CS2 and CS3 tool. As a result the presentation file size is about 80MB for 20 images which is much too large for email distribution.
JC
Joe_Ciarcia
Nov 8, 2008
I’d like to get the PDF Presentation back as well. Simply put, the the "Output" module in Bridge yields terrible quality relative to file size. My workflow depends upon the PDF presentation module as well. Under CS3 I could put together a PDF with a resolution of about 1800×900 for a 20 spread/40 side wedding album and it would look relatively decent for its purpose and size wise it would be between 3 to 4 megs. The new Output module in Bridge by comparison, even when set to low quality the file size is 23 megs which is totally unusable. I was hoping it was included in the legacy scripts but I didn’t see it.

I’m not too familiar with Photoshop’s topology. Where did it (the PDF Presentation Script) live under CS3? I used to be a software engineer (C++ and some Java) so I’m thinking I might have enough of those brain cells left over to extract it from CS3 and get it working in CS4 (assuming that it was part of a script).

Cheers, Joe
HD
Howard_Danaceau
Nov 8, 2008
Thanks for your comments. I don’t know the software part at all, but the component missing in the CS4 PDF Presentaation routine is the PDF Presets panel which is still in CS4. It would seem therefor possible to add this to the routine to make it equivalent to CS3 and CS2.

In any event I have submitted a Feature Request/Bug Report Form to offer this as a legacy feature, update, add-on or whatever. It would help if you wouild submit a request as well.

In the meantime I will continue to use CS3 instead of CS4.
M
martart
Nov 12, 2008
Where is the PDF Presentation! it was there in CS3. I cant even find a plug-in or any reference to it. where can I find this PDF plug-in its not on the disc.

Plug-ins and Presets removed from Photoshop CS4
Picture Package/Contact Sheet, PDF Presentation and Web Photo Gallery can now be found in Bridge CS4 in the Adobe Output Model (AOM). These plug-ins along with Extract, Pattern Maker, PhotomergeUI are not installed in Photoshop CS4. Further, the Textures and Layouts presets are also not installed.
M
martart
Nov 12, 2008
Just Found, it what a load of rubbish, how is anyone expected to create a slide show presentation from that.

Get it right guys (Adobe)
JA
john_A_carr
Nov 13, 2008
I agree, At least 20% of my work is presented to my clients via this very useful cs3 facility. I was thoroughly dissapointed after purchasing the cs4 suite to find that I cannot do a pdf presentation as seamlessly as was on cs3. I am now reverting back to using cs3 bridge until this is resolved.

a very disssapointed adobe client

john carr
JA
john_A_carr
Nov 13, 2008
APOLOGIES!!!

I just found it……

Using the Adobe Output Module script, you can create Adobe PDF contact sheets and presentations in Adobe Bridge. Contact sheets let you easily preview and catalog groups of images by displaying a series of thumbnails on a single page. PDF presentations let you use a variety of images to create a multipage document for slide show presentation. You can set options for image quality in the PDF, specify security settings, and set the document to open automatically in full-screen mode in Adobe Acrobat. You can also add the filename as a text overlay below each image in the PDF.

1. Select the files or the collection or folder that contains the images you want to include in the contact sheet or presentation.
2. Choose Window > Workspace > Output.
If the Output workspace is not listed, select Adobe Output Module in Startup Scripts preferences.

Adobe Bridge displays the Output panel at the right side of the window and the Folders panel at the left. The Content panel with your selected photos appears at the bottom of the window, and the Preview panel appears in the middle.
3. In the Output panel, select PDF.
4. Choose a layout option from the Template menu.
5. With your photos selected in the Content panel, click Refresh Preview to view the contact sheet in the Output Preview panel.
Note: The Output Preview panel displays only one PDF page.
6. Customize the appearance of the contact sheet by specifying options in the Document, Layout, Overlays, and Watermark areas of the Output panel.
7. (Optional) Change the images in the PDF by navigating to them in the Folders or Favorites panel, and then selecting them in the Content panel. You can also use the Preview panel to preview the images and refine your selection. Drag thumbnails in the Content panel to rearrange the order of the images on the page.
8. Click Refresh Preview at any time to update the PDF and see the changes in the Output Preview panel.
9. For presentations, specify the following options in the Playback panel:

Open In Full Screen Mode
Opens the PDF in full-screen mode in Adobe Acrobat.

Advance Every [x] Seconds
Specifies how long each image is displayed before the presentation advances to the next image. The default duration is 5 seconds.

Loop After Last Page
Specifies that the presentation automatically starts over after reaching the end. Deselect this option to stop the presentation after the final image is displayed.

Transition
Specifies the transition when moving from one image to the next. Choose a transition from the Transition menu. Depending on the transition, you can also specify a Direction and a Speed.

10. If you’d like to automatically open the PDF in Acrobat after you save it, select View PDF After Save at the bottom of the Output panel. Otherwise, just click Save.
11. In the Save (Windows) or Save As (Mac OS) dialog box, enter a name for the PDF, select a destination for the saved file, and then click Save.
JC
Joe_Ciarcia
Nov 13, 2008
Yep, it does work. The problem I have with the output module is that it’s creating abnormally large files… as in files that 23+ megs for files that used to be 3 to 4 megs with the same perceived image quality. I think the old tool also gave you a little more control over some other options as well.

Cheers, Joe
HD
Howard_Danaceau
Nov 15, 2008
I have exhausted Adobe possible help sources. The best help I received was a sugggestion to Request addition of a legacy feature by submitting a Feature Request/Bug Report Form (do a search under adobe.com). I would encourage those who want this feature to do the same. Every vote counts!

here’s hoping!
MM
Mike_Morrell
Nov 17, 2008
This is crazy, I’ve been using this feature at least as far back as CS2? Must I keep CS3 around just to use this again? I cannot believe that Adobe intentionally removed the PDF presentation.
HD
Howard_Danaceau
Nov 17, 2008
It does not use the PDF Presets aas the earlier versions did so jpeg compression and profile embedding (to mention two) are not available. Files for 20-25 images that used to be 10-15MB are now 70MB+ – not acceptable for email. CS4 is not very useful to me as is.

I would sugest submitting a Feature Request/Bug Report to Adobe to add this feature.
F
Frankflash
Jan 23, 2009
"You could try with the Output workspace in Bridge to see if that satisfy your requirement."

Sorry, it does not. Why have you taken it off?

I’m creating as well web albums since CS2 with the PDF presentation tool out of a multi layer file.

In CS4 moving everything to Bridge (I have never used it before) to create a presentation is very complicated and problematic as it is already discussed here.

I would appreciate to provide a PDF plugin or similar to get back seamlessly to my workflow.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 23, 2009
The plug-in is available in the Goodies folder.

To install it, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS or it won’t work!
F
Frankflash
Jan 23, 2009
Cool for Windows users. For Mac it is as well available? There is no plugin in the goodies folder.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 23, 2009
Yes.
F
Frankflash
Jan 23, 2009
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 23, 2009
And where?

Ask over there!
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jan 23, 2009
There is no there, there!
F
Frankflash
Jan 23, 2009
Please amat

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections