TW
Posted By
Tommy_Williams
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running Windows XP SP2. I received Photoshop CS2 today, installed it, and activated it. After the first launch, things work. But if I quit Photoshop (and Bridge) and then launch again, Adobe Bridge will no longer open. It fails with the message:

This application has failed to start because libagli18n28.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

The title of the dialog is "Bridge.exe – Unable To Locate Component"

Indeed, re-installing does fix the problem, at least until I quit the app and restart. Then the problem occurs again.

The DLL is on disk at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Help Center

I have 2GB of RAM.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TW
Tommy_Williams
Apr 26, 2005
I figured out the problem: the installer adds C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL at the end of the %PATH%.

However, Explorer and other apps won’t pick that up until they’ve been reloaded. Quick way to do this is to log out and log back in again.
D
Dami
Apr 26, 2005
I have the same problem, but reinstalling didn’t help. Tommy, your "fix" doesn’t make sense to me. Log out and log into what?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2005
reboot.
D
Dami
Apr 26, 2005
Thanks!
L
LenHewitt
Apr 26, 2005
Adobe Bridge now has its own forum:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@277.rocmerVdfAQ.1 @.3bb8a3bf

Please post future Bridge posts there.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections