RL
Posted By
Ray_Li
Oct 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a 3.2M DC and get 1600 x 1200 pixels photos at 1M per photo. I need to reduce the size, not the contents. in order to send them in email. I went to Image->Resize->Image Size and tried to change pixel dimensions and document size for small size of photos. I do not understand Resample Image Bicubic, Nearest Neighbor and Bilinear. Can someone tell me the meaning of these features.

Thanks,

Ray

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 19, 2003
Ray,

This is how I do it. You don’t need to worry about ‘resample, nearest neighbor’ and all that stuff for sending email images.

With your image open, go to File>Save for Web.

Your image will appear in two windows. The original on the left at full size and the converted on the right. There are some settings for you to adjust on your far right. Start at the bottom and change your pixels to 800 width with the ‘constrain proportions’ box checked. Click ‘apply’. Your image will be resized and below the image you will see the size at maybe 285k.Still too large for email. Go to the upper right and you will see a menu

On the upper right you will see a box that says ‘quality’. Adjust this setting downward until you get about 100kb ( the value will change below your right side image). It will also tell you how long it will take for the image to be downloaded so it’s personal preference regarding how large a file your intended receiver is going to find acceptable. You can compare the quality to the original during this process. (My first photos were sent as 1MB before I knew any better)

PSE has a feature for automatically resizing and sending an email but too large in my opinion so I never use it.
R
RAKESH359
Oct 31, 2003
Hi Ray,

Sorry for chaning the topic but I find you the right person to help me as I have read all your old questions and hope by now you got answers to that.

I read one of your old message about how to split long video into clips. Now I have the same situation as yours. I find Windows Movie Maker more easier than Premiere for creating clips or applying effects. Movie Maker is very user friendly. I’m new to Premiere and want to know about creating clips in Premiere. Movie Maker has a check box to create clips automatically while importing. I hope by now you must have come to know how to create clips in premiere. Please help.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections