AS
Posted By
Andrew_Song
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I go to resize one of the "information" windows (eg. History, Layers, Color etc.), whether purposely or accidentally, all the tools in the toolbox stop working. I’ll click on the marquee tool, and it will select, however, when I go to drag out an area on my image, nothing happens. Instead, the cursor remains as an arrow (rather than whatever tool I’ve selected). None of my tools end up working, but I can still select all using Control + A, and copy/delete layers. It’s just that anything involving the mouse doesn’t work.

I tried deleteing the preferences file and having Photoshop rebuild it, as previously this has worked, but it no longer does anything to fix the issue.

The happened in Photoshop CS V8.0, and the same problem is apparent in Photoshop CS2 V9.0. I am running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Restarting Photoshop fixes the problem, until the next time I go to resize something.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections