RG
Posted By
Ralph_Greenberg
May 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all — I was wondering if there is a white paper on how I can resize and print a picture to size to 4×6 with CS3? I am a relatively newbie to Photoshop. Thank you in advance for your patience and assistance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
May 20, 2007
image > image size
C
chrisjbirchall
May 20, 2007
F1
BJ
Bill_Janes
May 20, 2007
image > image size

This will give you the basic method, but there are nuances. If you are starting out with a high resolution image, you might want to resample the image to the native resolution the printer. For example, many minilabs using Fuji or Noritsu printers use 300 pixels per inch. In this case, the best resampling method would be bicubic sharper, as suggested by the drop down menu in the Photoshop resampling box. If you are using a camera that does not have a 3:2 image ratio, you would have to crop the image.

Then you would probably want to sharpen the image. A small print can use more sharpening than a large one. For this sized print, you might try the unsharp mask with a radius of 1.2 – 2 and an amount of about 80-150%, which is a larger radius than you would use for a 16 by 24 inch print. The optimal settings for glossy or matte paper surfaces are also slightly different. Photokit Sharpener automates the process, but for quick results on small prints, the above settings might suffice.
PS
Peter_Silowan
May 24, 2007
Using the crop tool crop your image to 4×6 and send it to your printer. It will print out as a 4×6. BUT the one thing you must do is go into your printer properties and change the paper size to 4×6 and make sure that you put in what kind of paperit is.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections