B
Posted By
BRS369
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to make text look like it’s exploding off the page..this is a new one for me. Anyone have any suggestions or tricks in PS7? I’ve looked for a font but haven’t found one yet….thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 28, 2004
BRS,

What throws me in your post is "I’ve looked for a font but haven’t found one yet". Any typeface can perform this trick.

I’d set the text that I want to "explode" and then rasterize it on its own layer. Select chunks of the text, pull them away from the other text, angle them, distort them, etc. Maybe even add some soft shadows to enhance the effect of type "exploding" off the page. But this is still as much an "art" as a "skill" to make the effect look believeable.

Neil
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 28, 2004
There are a few actions for this kind of effect on the Adobe Studio Exchange. As Neil says, it’s not a particular font you need; you can do this with any type (although chunkier is better for this)
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Apr 28, 2004
Just in case it helps, look at the font "Blast" found here…

<http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/index.htm>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections