Posted By
I_La_Rocca
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am using a font, Lydian MT, in a PS 7 file and I want to use it on another machine but I can’t find it!
I have done a search and looked in the System font folders to no avail.

Help!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Do a (OS 9) Sherlock search. Hit Command F.
IL
I_La_Rocca
Jun 11, 2004
Did that – nothing came up!
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Then you don’t have it. 🙂

Maybe it was a TT font and you renamed the file?
MD
Mark_Douma
Jun 11, 2004
There are much "smarter" methods available to search for a font file than to look for it only by its name.

In Sherlock, click on the "Edit…" button or choose Find > More Options… to bring up the More Search Options panel.

Probably the quickest way to locate a font suitcase would be to simply enter ‘FFIL’ into the file type advanced option. That returned me with roughly 150 font suitcases in less than 5 seconds.

Granted, that will only find the font suitcase, and if your font is a PS Type 1, you’ll need the printer font as well, but that should hopefully be right with the suitcase.

Using the "kind is font" option will return all fonts, though it took about 5 minutes to do so on my old PM7600.

Hope this helps….
IL
I_La_Rocca
Jun 11, 2004
Thanks, I found it – it was in a folder called Palm Desktop fonts.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections