BT
Posted By
Big_Toon
Aug 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running 10.3.4 on a 17" Powerbook G4; I have heard of several folks having this problem, but cannot find a solution. My fonts in Photoshop wouldn’t scoll past a certain font ("Velvenda Cooler", a TT font). To test it, I removed it. Now I can’t access any fonts past the font "Symbol" (also a TT font). Every font works in all other apps. Help?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Aug 30, 2004
but cannot find a solution

that’s because you didn’t look.

get a Font manager and only activate the fonts you need.

FontAgent Pro seems to be the best at this time.
NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 30, 2004
If you have installed much more than the basic system-installed fonts, as Buko says, you need a font manager. Apple’s Font Book is not robust enough.

Also make sure that your aren’t using junk fonts (as in free downloads from questionable sites or cheap CD-ROMs along the lines of "1000 Professional Fonts, $10". They are often poorly coded or corrupted and hang up your system. Buy from legitimate, established foundries or their distributors.

Neil
BT
Big_Toon
Aug 31, 2004
"Didn’t look?" Buko, thanks for monitoring all the solutions that I’ve searched for. I Imagine it keeps you a very busy internet bee. FYI, I have searched online for over a week before even coming here. Thanks anyway.
R
Ram
Aug 31, 2004
Big Toon,

Just do a forum search here on the key words Photoshop font limit.
BT
Big_Toon
Aug 31, 2004
Ramon, thank you for the help, much appreciated! WIll do!
BT
Big_Toon
Aug 31, 2004
Used FontAgent Pro. The report said it found 8 corrupted fonts. However, in the "Problem Fonts" folder it generated, the folder called "Corrupted Fonts" had 152 fonts in it. Why is this, when it said only 8 were corrupted?

I exported the fonts that it said were OK, and reinstalled them with Font Book. Still the same thing; nothing past the font "SYMBOL TT" can be seen in Photoshop, only now I have a lot fewer fonts than I had before. Any ideas anyone?
R
Ram
Aug 31, 2004
See reply in your other thread. You have too many fonts activated.
B
Buko
Aug 31, 2004
I have searched online for over a week before even coming here.

shoulda come here first save a weeks wasted time.

BTW can’t say I’ve ever monitored the internet but it sounds like you did.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 31, 2004
If you are wise, you will keep away from FontBook and use FAP instead.

FAP probably removed those fonts because you had duplicate TT and PostScript versions or your PS fonts were incomplete.
Believe FAP when it says those fonts are problematic and either re-install them from the original foundry CDs or trash them.

(If you have Fontographer, which has to run in Classic, you may be able to repair some of those fonts.)

And ONLY activate the fonts that you actually need for the current job because FAP can immediately activate any others as you need them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections