Posted By
Randy_P._Allen
Aug 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi.
Can someone please enlighten me on how to get new fonts into the Elements font selection. I downloaded a new font and it IS in my system (in "Word" and "Font Book") but I can’t find out how to import it into the Elements font selection when using the type tool.Thanks a lot.
Randy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Aug 1, 2004
Randy,

If a font in your Font Book, it should be available for every other application, providing you don’t run those applications under different accounts (like one account for Word, and another account for Photoshop Elements).

Ray
RP
Randy_P._Allen
Aug 1, 2004
Ray,
I only wish that was how it is. Unfortunately it isn’t , on my system. I downloaded a font called Holy Empire from a free fonts website. It is in my fontbook, and word, but not Elements or PS7. Hmmmm. I was hoping to just drag it into these programs, but I cant locate any kind of type folder for these graphic programs. Still a mystery. Thanks for the quick response,though.
Randy
RR
Raymond Robillard
Aug 2, 2004
Randy,

Do you have a link where I could download and have a look at this font ?

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 2, 2004
Elements doesn’t store any fonts; it merely makes use of whatever ones are installed in your operating system. If you can’t get this one to show up in Elements (or PS), I suggest you take Ray up on his offer. There may be something about the specific font that’s the issue.
RP
Randy_P._Allen
Aug 3, 2004
Thanks folks. You’re right. The fonts on my mac have a small blue "A" icon in front of them. This one has a small red icon. Strange it will open in word, but not Adobes. No BIG deal,it was just to satisfy my own curiosity. There’s some cool fonts out there, and I didn’t realize they’re not all compatible. Oh well.
"you can’t always get what you want…" – Mick Jagger –

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections