Posted By
Lantz, Jarrett
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

A few months ago, I began having a chronic problem with Photoshop Elements v2.0. Every few minutes, without me even performing any action with the program (even if it is hidden in the background), Photoshop Elements pops up a dialog that says something to the effect of "That file is locked. Please use the ‘Get Info’ command in the Finder to unlock it."

The weird thing is, that in most cases I’m not even working on any file at the time the dialog pops up, and when I am the file does not turn out to be locked.

This isn’t really a major problem, just a slight annoyance. Even so, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Brundage, Barbara
Sep 30, 2003
Have you deleted prefs, repaired permissions? Which version of X?
LM
Lou_M
Sep 30, 2003
This appears to pop up on this forum everyone once in a while, so you’re not alone. 🙂

From Google:

Subject: Re: permissions, software update, pe v.2.0 on Mac OSX

Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Date: 2003-04-02 14:08:06 PST

Make sure the Cache folder as well as the contents of the Effects Cache and Filters Cache folders are set to read/write

That did it! The permissions for those two folders in the Cache folder were previously read/write, read/write, and read-only. I set the third (i.e. "other") to read/write, and that did it. Don’t know why that would do it, but it did. (I guess photoshop elements doesn’t setuid or something)

Thanks so much to those of you who helped me out! Now, I’ve got another question, but that’s for another post. 🙂

Vicky

.. . .

Subject: Re: permissions, software update, pe v.2.0 on Mac OSX

Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Date: 2003-04-02 08:08:06 PST
I don’t believe Repair Permissions will fill this. Check the permissions on the Cache files I listed above.
JL
Jarrett_Lantz
Oct 2, 2003
Okay, I changed the permissions, and I’ll cross my fingers.

Thanks for the help!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections