What’s the difference between Bridge & Lightroom?

PJ
Posted By
Peter Jason
Mar 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have WindowsXP pro & Photoshop CS3.

I want something to tag photos into a
database and it seems Bridge will do this for
me. I can also open Photoshop from Bridge
for image adjustments.

Why then should I even consider Lightroom at
all?

PJ

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
aglet
Mar 10, 2008
"Peter Jason" wrote in message
I have WindowsXP pro & Photoshop CS3.

I want something to tag photos into a database and it seems Bridge will do this for me. I can also open Photoshop from Bridge for image adjustments.

Why then should I even consider Lightroom at all?

PJ

Two different animals. Bridge is a file manager. Lightroom is a database. Lightroom lets you non-destructively edit files. You can also jump to Photoshop if you want. Personally, I have never liked Bridge and never use it. But if all you need is a file manager, then Lightroom is overkill. On the other hand, if you need to quickly process files (including … especially .. RAW) — adjustments to exposure, temperature, etc. — then Lightroom is an excellent application. I use it all the time.

Having said that, though, let me also say that many of the features that make Lightroom outstanding were also added or improved in CS3. In other words, if you are using CS2 or earlier, the value of Lightroom is much more than if you have CS3.

I’m probably not being as clear as I should be — it’s 2:30 a.m. here and I need some sleep — but maybe that helps a little?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections