Posted By
GRudolph
Feb 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey Guys,

I am using Adobe Lightroom, and Photoshop CS2 on a computer at work, and one at home. I transfer the files back and forth on a USB Hardrive. I color balance, and exposure correct my raw files, with lightroom 1.0. But when I take them to the other location, the changes I made, are not there anymore. Is there a way to have the raw settings saved in the raw file, instead of lightrooms database?

Any help would be appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

S
Steve
Feb 22, 2007
I haven’t delved too deeply into LR yet, but what you need to do is check the preferences section and make sure your adjustments are being put into the .xmp sidecare files. Then when you send your pictures to the usb drive, send the .xmp files too. Then on CS2 transfer the picture files and the ..xmp files.

This is also a good tip when archiving to CD or DVD. In the CS2 preferences select export settings to distributed files rather than a central xmp database. The when you archive, make sure you include the xmp files. This will do wonders later on when you go to retrieve from the media.

Steve

<GRudolph> wrote in message
Hey Guys,

I am using Adobe Lightroom, and Photoshop CS2 on a computer at work, and one at home. I transfer the files back and forth on a USB Hardrive. I color balance, and exposure correct my raw files, with lightroom 1.0. But when I take them to the other location, the changes I made, are not there anymore. Is there a way to have the raw settings saved in the raw file, instead of lightrooms database?
J
Joel
Feb 24, 2007
GRudolph <GRudolph> wrote:

Hey Guys,

Someone already answered your question you posted on other Photoshop newsgroup few days ago. S/he posted the instruction how to do it, but I don’t remember the small detail to post the instruction here.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections