P
Posted By
pali
Jan 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the difference between both in PE4 and when should I use one over the other? They seem to do the same thing.

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 15, 2006
pali wrote:
What is the difference between both in PE4 and when should I use one over the other? They seem to do the same thing.

Thanks!

Maybe you mean collection? A collection is different in a number of ways.

Tags are attached based on category or sub category. Both have tags.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
P
pali
Jan 15, 2006
Hi Joseph,
I understand the collections concept. I’m just not too clear on the difference between tags and subcategories. In PE4 I notice you can change a tag to a sub-category and vice-versa by right-clicking on either one in the tags display.

Thanks
Pali
JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 15, 2006
pali wrote:
Hi Joseph,
I understand the collections concept. I’m just not too clear on the difference between tags and subcategories. In PE4 I notice you can change a tag to a sub-category and vice-versa by right-clicking on either one in the tags display.

Thanks
Pali

I believe it is just a way of organizing the tags and allowing you to select a group of tags (sub-categories) by selecting the primary tag (category)

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
P
pali
Jan 15, 2006
thanks!
JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 16, 2006
pali wrote:
thanks!

I just played around with them myself, for the fist time, and frankly I really don’t see the advantage. I may spend a little time tomorrow with them to see what I find.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections