EG
Posted By
Ed Gover
Sep 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help!! I own pe2 and I just took this beautiful picture of a house by the ocean,the only problem is that there are three vans parked on the front lawn.Does anyone know how to erase them using pe2,or could someone tell me a good cd/dvd or book to buy? I am new to this.Thank-you

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 16, 2003
Well first, Ed, make sure you’re working on a copy of that image! Once you’ve got an original salvaged, check out this thread that was posted a few days ago. This person had the heads of two people he wanted to remove from a photo. There were some suggestions given that might give you ideas about how to get rid of those vans. After you take a look at it, if there are any more specific questions you have, feel free to repost.

Beth Haney "Please help re: removing unwanted person from photo." 9/14/03 12:51pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/10>

There are a number of good books and CDs available, and almost all of them cover this type of editing to one degree or another. Several of the books were discussed in a thread from yesterday or the day before, but the context was more general. I’ll see if I can find that one, too.
KL
Kenneth Liffmann
Sep 16, 2003
Ed, Suggest that you purchase Photoshop Elements Solutions by Mikkel Aaland. The information in this book will help you to master this program in style.
Ken
EG
Ed Gover
Sep 16, 2003
Thanks for all your help But I am still lost {maybe I want to do too much for a beginner}I think that I need a really good manual or to have someone explain it to me in layman’s terms. Ed
NS
Nancy S
Sep 16, 2003
Ed,

A very basic skill which must be mastered early on is making a good selection. There are tons of tutorials available by Googling. These links will get you started.

<http://www.espressographics.com/text/selections.html>

< http://www.cclub.metu.edu.tr/e-kitap/cokluortam_araclari/Tea ch%20Yourself%20Photoshop%20in%2014%20Days/ch02.htm>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections