Can you delete all missing files in the PSE 6 catalog as a batch ?

D
Posted By
dpsilver
Jan 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking at the catalog in PSE 6. Mind has a large number of thumbnails showing with a ?, which means that the file is missing and the catalog cannot find it.

Actually, I think almost all of those photos were moved by me from one folder on my hard drive to another, and the photo is also shown in the new location. (so ony the PSE 6 catalog thinks it is missing)

I can delete the missing files manually – several at a time, but this is time consuming.

Is it possible to tell the program to find all missing files and delete them all at one time in some manner ?

D. Silver

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Bob
Feb 8, 2008
Navigate to the folder that contains the thumbnails. Then CTRL+A followed by CTRL+D.

"dpsilver" wrote in message
I am looking at the catalog in PSE 6. Mind has a large number of thumbnails showing with a ?, which means that the file is missing and the catalog cannot find it.

Actually, I think almost all of those photos were moved by me from one folder on my hard drive to another, and the photo is also shown in the new location. (so ony the PSE 6 catalog thinks it is missing)
I can delete the missing files manually – several at a time, but this is time consuming.

Is it possible to tell the program to find all missing files and delete them all at one time in some manner ?

D. Silver
K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:22:37 -0600, dpsilver wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!border1. nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local02.nntp.dca.gig anews.com!nntp.comcast.com!news.comcast.com.POSTED!not-for-m ail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:22:35 -0600
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:22:37 -0600
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Can you delete all missing files in the PSE 6 catalog as a batch ? Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID:
Lines: 16
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
NNTP-Posting-Host: 67.167.235.229
X-Trace: sv3-1naYmG/mK06YJlL8jHEBwyHdJlLlKx4M4tiKwB9OT4UQmxfj+W4hLt7y EWauT0NteJDN2AlykTnSz1Z!9gJpzIuDooFV8Q+BZa+2y/eiUZpBwm0t/uow HHah9xcWtA3lOK1yMf+f+D7BDB+jWnqWGhiricJs!nPKwUh3N6PiJgGjTWva GH9XmhUU6hr4=
X-Complaints-To:
X-DMCA-Complaints-To:
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly X-Postfilter: 1.3.37
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9863
X-Received-Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:22:47 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

D. Silver

Good question. I wonder if you can sort them so they all end up in one group? Something I’ll have to try.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections