How do I open illustrator (.AI) files in Photoshop CS to edit & resave as Photoshop Files?

K
Posted By
katiesellers
Feb 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I just finished a trial version of Adobe Illustrator CS and created a bunch of art work for a website and now I’m doing a trial version of Photoshop CS to determine which program I want to purchase. I was told that you can open .AI files in Photoshop, edit them and then save as photoshop files. However, I can’t seem to figure out how to do it (do I need to save as EPS or what). Right now all of my files are saved as .AI. How do I open and covert to photoshop without having to redo everything?

Thanks for your help,

Katie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JO
Jim_Oblak
Feb 17, 2005
When you open in Photoshop, your Illustrator vector work will be rasterized and you will need to save to a raster image format. You will not be able to save back as AI when working in Photoshop.

to determine which program I want to purchase

If doing web work and having the ability to only purchase one software of the two, I would go for Photoshop. You might also look at the Creative Suite for a value bundle of Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive and InDesign.
B
BobLevine
Feb 17, 2005
But you can save in Illy as PSD and the file will come in with all vectors intact.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections