How Can I Open an Adobe Illustrator file in Photoshop?

TD
Posted By
tina_dang
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried going to open as, then clicked on Adobe Illustrator (*.AI;*.EPS). But I got a pop-up window stating,"Could not open because the parser module cannot parse the file." I’m trying to open this file in Photoshop because I created the file at my campus computer lab using Illustrator; however, I don’t have Illustrator on my personal computer, and therefore, I’m trying to open the file using Photoshop, but I have been unable to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 17, 2003
Perhaps the .ai files got corrupted somehow in transfer? Were they copied from Macintosh to PC media or somesuch?

PhotoShop CAN open valid .ai files, and gives you the option of what rez at which to rasterize them (note they will no longer be vector, however).

One other possibility is that you used a version of Illustrator that is ahead of your version of PhotoShop?

Guess I should mention that this is Elements forum and you should actually ask in the PhotoShop (or Illustrator) ones.

Mac

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections