Feb 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
" I definately do NOT see this in CS2…."

Definitely, dave, definitely! 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
Gener
Feb 15, 2005
I can take that to the bank too, Dave 🙂 if the 18 month rule holds up.

Adobe must have NDAs down pat. I haven’t seen a single screen shot leaked anywhere.

Eh…rumors, conspiracy, and speculation just offer entertainment value if nothing else. Mebbe Art Bell/George Noory will have something on it 🙂
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Feb 15, 2005
It’s got to be hard to be an Adobe coder…

Microsoft keeps changing it’s mind and it’s spec for the next release of the OS–Longhorn. Until they get firm answers from Microsoft, I can’t see anyone in the industry making the jump to 64 without validation from Microsoft and that the support will be there for 64 bit operations. And even then most companies will wait until the Microsoft bugs are somewhat fixed….

My husband is a Microsoft Certified Developer and his company is getting really frustrated trying to anticipate what Microsoft is going to leave in Longhorn and exactly what they are going to cut. Longhorn is in beta, but the builds are coming fast and furious and they are different every time.

Also, we are seeing Intel backing off some of their promises with their new chips…so it is probable that everyone in development is taking a wait and see what Microsoft does stance.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 15, 2005
Longhorn won’t be 64 bit. That’ll be a seperate OS. Unless i’ve really gotten my signals crossed.
G
Gener
Feb 15, 2005
winsupersite.com has some details on upcoming Longhorn editions. Longhorn story short, 32 and 64 bit versions are in the works for May 2006.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 15, 2005
with no win file system…
P
p645n
Feb 15, 2005
Anyone that is a MSDN subscriber can download the 64 bit XP OS beta. The RC2 of that beta build 1433 just went gold — please see this for more information:
<http://tinyurl.com/3hdfn>
Longhorn will be a separate OS from 64 bit Windows XP — it’s first beta should be released in Q2 of this year. We may not see a "sold to the public" version till 2006.
64 bit Windows XP "sold to the public" release is another mater — we should see that fairly soon Q2 or Q3 of this year.
I’m using the RC2 1433 release of 64 bit Windows XP and it’s stability seems very good — probably better then Win98.
It’s because of the 64 bit XP release, the announcement of the availability of consumer orientated Intel 64 bit processors and the task of having been asked to build a dozen identical PS intensive machines in the next couple of months that has caused me to wonder which way I should plan to go — I want to field machines that will be top tier & upgradeable.
D
deebs
Feb 15, 2005
Yehbut the lost marketing initiative seems a shame

Windows 95 – ten years after (there is even a group associated with that) I’m comin’ home – babe plea’ don’ go

shame really

deebs

ps – free music download to iRiver for all the Win 05 musick – ah I could write a prequel 8)

dB
D
deebs
Feb 15, 2005
Hmmm – actually, I mean just thinking about it … yes, it is possible.

Concept marketing: market an idea and the idea is Win 64 bit.

Groovy!

Any proposed marketing for Win 64 can go ahead but the product is concept with a view to creating a cusp switchover when the full commercial product eventually becomes available.

Shadow marketing that switches when the full product launch is known inhouse

ahhh…
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 15, 2005
🙁
T
thinkwelldesigns
Feb 15, 2005
I was just thinkin; deebs could you please clarify…I am gonna comment on the hogwash. Then I thought, I bet Mr. Joslin has beat me to it and when I scrolled further, sure enough, here is 🙁

Very interesting :-).
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 15, 2005
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 16, 2005
Dave, what emotion is that sick cow conveying?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
I think it’s a sheep.
P
p645n
Feb 16, 2005
Dave — I thought it was an ass…
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
nope. definately a sheep.
D
deebs
Feb 16, 2005
Baaaah! Humbug

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections