B
Posted By
bob733
Nov 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I clicked on About Photoshop to see if I had the 64 bit version running (i have 2 installs (Regular CS4 and 64 bit CS4) of Ps on my machine.

Would not the splash screen say 64 bit version? They both said Photoshop CS4

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
PECourtejoie
Nov 6, 2008
See the amount of ram available in the preferences (CTRL+K)
B
bob733
Nov 6, 2008
Ah ha…I see what you say… great call.
In my preferences, it says Available ram 7225mb. And 32 bit would only be able to see a max of 3 to 3.5 mb ram. good call again but they really should have put it on the splash screen.

All that being said, what do you think of how mine (64bit) is set up (in Preferences) Available ram 7225 mb
ideal range 3974-5202mb
Let photoshop use 5924 mb (82%) is what i put in there
Scratch disk
E is what I am using western digital (7200 rpm) internal for scratch My C drive has os and the program on a Raptor 10K rpm

History States 41
Cache levels 7
Open gl is enabled

would appreciate your comments.

Bob
P
PECourtejoie
Nov 6, 2008
Looks good, I do not remember what the engineers used to say for 64 bits, if you can allow 100%. Check: < http://blogs.adobe.com/scottbyer/2007/09/photoshop_world.htm l>

As for the Scratch, the raptor is faster, but I guess that the pagefile is there too… pagefile on E and Scratch on C?
Try and time it…
I usually have fewer history states, but am not running 64 bits. Do you have bigger tiles enabled?
B
bob733
Nov 6, 2008
I have seen where I should have the scratch disk on a seperate HD (western digital) from the OS and Program disk (Raptor). The only bummer is the raptor is 10k rpm and the WD is only 7500 rpm.

Not sure what Bigger tiles enabled is? I guess I should go to PS help and check this one out unless you can give me a quick 101

Bob
BC
Bart_Cross
Nov 6, 2008
Don’t need ‘Bigger Tiles’ for 64bit (it is not available as a 64 bit plugin).
B
bob733
Nov 6, 2008
thanks a lot guys.. appreicaite the help
KG
Kathy Guo
Nov 7, 2008
Other check way could be use the ‘Windows Task Manager’ and check the process of Photoshop. For 32bit PS, it is Photoshop.exe *32. Or you could find the system information from Photoshop menu->Help->System Info.You could find X64 at the end of the Adobe Photoshop Version.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections