Posted By
Quaoar
Aug 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Carl Rhodes wrote:
Just installed Elememts 2.0. Am running WindowsXPHome Edition and using AOL to get on Internet.Elements Home Page comes up and can be navigated. When hitting Help or Tutorials, Internet Explorer say’s"cannot find \file C: Program%20 ****Make sure path or Internet address is correct" Have downloded Knowledge base document328575 and solution 1 and 2 do not work. Help Please.

You would be better off once onto AOL to use Internet Explorer itself, outside of AOL (if you can do this with the new version of AOL).

Q

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
Pete D
Aug 15, 2003
Chris,

You must have used PhotoDeluxe bus 1.0 and I understand the feeling getting used to this new program.

But hang in there and soon you will see the advantages of Photoshop Elements and how much more you can do with it.

Concerning your question about Internet Explorer; If you have an earlier version you can get the latest version from MSN.com. I think the windows update link on your computer will identify that you have an older version and offer a download of latest version.

If you have the latest version and it is not set as default; Go to start / control panel / internet options and change it. Most people that have this problem are using AOL and have that as the default browser. And that won’t work.

Pete
CR
Chris Rockwell
Aug 19, 2003
Thanks for the help! I downloaded IE, but it still only shows AOL as the only one under internet options? Any ideas?
NS
Nancy S
Aug 22, 2003
Chris,

Maybe this will work for you. Locate the file Iexplore.exe (which you say you downloaded, presumably because the copy which should have come with your computer was too old a version for PSE to use). Open up Internet Explorer, minimize it by clicking on the little box for minimize on the top right. I think that now when you click on help or tutorial you’ll get what you should. These files are already on your computer, no need to be online.
B
BobHill
Aug 23, 2003
Chris,

As Nancy stated, be sure that you have the full version of MS Explorer and have that established as your Internet Browser. AOL’s version has been modified for "their" purposes and won’t acknowledge HTML from outside of AOL for browser purposes. Help and Tutoring files in Elements (as well as many other new programs today) are in HTML format.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections