BP
Posted By
Birlem_Pomroy
Apr 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Photoshop 6 does not bring up "on-line help" when "Help>Content" is clicked on as instructed in Photoshop instructuons. Can anyone help?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 26, 2007
Is there a Help folder with HTML files present in the Photoshop folder?

BTW, update to 6.0.1.
P
Phosphor
Apr 26, 2007
Look for a Photoshop 6 manual PDF, too, in case the HTML files are gone.
BP
Birlem_Pomroy
Apr 26, 2007
Thank you very much for the immediate response and help. I found that by using the help folder, (I didn’t even realize it was there), in the Photoshop file under Windows Explorer, that I can access the on-line help as long as I allow temporary pop-ups. I don’t understand it, but if it works, I don’t need to understand it. Thanks again for your help.
BP
Birlem_Pomroy
Apr 26, 2007
Thanks for the help. I now can use help at will. Thanks again
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2007
I think the problem came with windows xp sp2 which locked down a lot of things in ie by default and broke the help system on many systems. i wouldn’t doubt if that was a big reason adobe went with their new help format (which i hate btw, html was so much more useful and flexible!)
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 26, 2007
I believe you can get around all that by setting some other browser as your default. That’s what I’ve done with CS and Firefox. I even bookmarked the Help files so I can read them when I don’t have Photoshop open.
BP
Birlem_Pomroy
Apr 26, 2007
Thanks Dave. The last responder to my question gave me a solution. "Use the help folder under Photoshop in Windows explorer.
BP
Birlem_Pomroy
Apr 26, 2007
Okay, Thanks ED
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2007
I understand birlem, i was responding to your ‘wonder why’ rhetorical question. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections