B
Posted By
bob
Nov 16, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure of what the correct term would be but can anyone direct me to some type of plugin / tutorial that can creat a black outline (similar to the ink filter but much much better) for Photoshop?

I’ll try to explain it better…Hhmmm..Take a picture of a person and instead of the full picture one ends up with an oultine of their coat, their pants etc etc which has no fill in just the outline. Of if the ink filter can do this are there good and bad settings?

Essentially what I’m trying to do is take a picture and change it more into a vector type looking picture without using illustrator…Or go the way of a cartoon outline.

I know this is all over the place but what I want (in my head) and explaining it is hard.

Any pointers etc may help me (or help me explain it better)

Regards
Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 17, 2006
wrote in message
I’m not sure of what the correct term would be but can anyone direct me to some type of plugin / tutorial that can creat a black outline (similar to the ink filter but much much better) for Photoshop?
I’ll try to explain it better…Hhmmm..Take a picture of a person and instead of the full picture one ends up with an oultine of their coat, their pants etc etc which has no fill in just the outline. Of if the ink filter can do this are there good and bad settings?

Essentially what I’m trying to do is take a picture and change it more into a vector type looking picture without using illustrator…Or go the way of a cartoon outline.

I know this is all over the place but what I want (in my head) and explaining it is hard.

Any pointers etc may help me (or help me explain it better)
Regards
Bob,

One way to turn one layer of an image into a collection of lines (prior to using in a painting type picture)
is to open your image, copy the layer, then Filters>Blur>Smart Blur. Quality High, Mode Edge Only. Radius 20ish, Threshold 25. The lower the threshold the more lines you will have, the higher the radius the thicker they will be, experiment.
Then, Image>Adjustments>Invert.
There is an action that does something similar here
http://www.96ppi.net/ddt_vectorizer.zip

HTH
MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections