TG
Posted By
Tom_Garbellotto
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anybody know what would cause an inability to see my scanner in photoshop CS.

When I go to File>Import I get a drag down menu: Anti-aliased PICT … PDF Image …
PICT resource …
Annotations … (grayed out)

If I open up my Photoshop 6 in the Classic environment and go to File>Menu: I get Anti-aliased PICT …
HP Scanjet
PDF Image …
PICT resource …
Annotations … (grayed out)
HP PrecisionScan Pro …

and I’m used to selecting the HP PrecisionScan Pro … to scan an image then: Return Scan to Photoshop.

I’ve tried reinstalling the software and I’ve gone to the HP website and downloaded the latest drivers, but it still doesn’t see my scanner.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 7, 2004
Tom,

Do you know FOR SURE that the the scanner software is (a) correctly installed; (b) compatible with Photoshop CS; (c) compatible with Panther; (d) not corrupted? If so, try once more, but double-check the installation instructions (be sure to follow them exactly) and trash any previously installed scanner preference file ahead of time.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections