SLOW DOWN..Why is my Photoshop CS Super Slow in PANTHER?

A
Posted By
Aerosyn-Lex
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
G5 DUAL 2GHZ .. 1 GB RAM .. PHOTOSHOP CS .. PANTHER/JAGUAR …………………………………………………..

I’ve had my DUAL G5 since late November and as soon as Panther and CS became available i obtained both and did a clean install. I IMMEDIATELY noticed a noticeable slow down in performance from my JAGUAR.PHOTOSHOP 7 configuration.

I ran diagnostics, and ended up wiping my system clean, and re-installing Jaguar, on which CS runs better than in PANTHER…

I’ve scoured the ADOBE site and have not found any optimizing updates, for the dual processor configuration. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

I’ve minimized my font library and have yet to install any third party software or filters. I noticed that simply opening a 100MB file would
take longer than when done on my 1.3ghz PC set up……………….. All in All i am not impressed with the G5 performance, i know i must be doing something wrong…..

PLEASE PLEASE
answer with any favorable parameters and set up tips.
what should i do, and where else might i look for answers.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE….

send info to if possible
………………………………………

PEACE be WITH YOU

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Feb 23, 2004
Don’t allocate more than 70-75% Ram to PS.

PS is looking for money in the images you are opening of course its going to be slower.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 23, 2004
Money is the root of all evil in Photoshop CIA.
L
LRK
Feb 23, 2004
Trash your Photoshop preferences… and your finder preferences… then delete your cache files using something like Cache Out X. Reboot, run MacJanitor and then Permissions.

This might be overkill but it can’t hurt. It worked for me when I first installed PSCS and had problems with it being slow.
A
Aerosyn-Lex
Feb 23, 2004
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES
…………………………………………………… ………………………………………………….

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections