OS X Panther and Epson drivers… whassup?

TF
Posted By
Tony_Fraley
May 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, Panther users,…

Some of you may remember my gushing over the print quality of my Epson R300 printer a couple of weeks back. Well now, I’m basically without a printer after upgrading to Panther.

I realize that this is *probably* something that I should be able to take care of, but I’m at a loss as to where I should start. During the OS install, I made sure that I installed both sets of Epson drivers, along with the GIMP (is that correct?) drivers, but there seem to be none that are compatible with my printer.

I checked the Epson site for an update, and all that I can find there is a driver that is for Jaguar versions 10.2 – 10.2.6. I know that some of you here are using Panther, so what’s the secret? Thanks for your time.

Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HP
Helen_Polson
May 25, 2004
Wish I could help you Tony! I’ve only got an old Epson 830, but my problem is that I can’t print right to the edges from the Mac (although this feature works fine on the PC). The R300 looks like a brilliant printer though- in fact I was looking to upgrade to one of those but I shall hold off after reading about these problems.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections