BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else had any trouble with the new monitor calibration utility in panther?

It seems to make everything really dark, whether I use the simple calibration (which is the same as the old advanced calibration) or the advanced calibration, which now lets you set all the phosphor values for an LCD. (Talking about a flat-panel imac, BTW)

Is this working okay for others?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 29, 2003
Well, I’ve been on the phone with applecare since noon, and they are thinking it may be a problem with the kernel in Panther. So Barb or other FP imac users, I would not go there just yet. 8^(
LM
Lou_M
Oct 31, 2003
Is it a problem only for FP iMacs? I just did a calibration for my PowerBook and it seems OK. The default calibration it shipped with was supposedly optimized for graphics creation, but it seemed a little too warm to me.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
There are problems with many machines, but it’s different from model to model. Older ibooks lose all their profiles and can’t calibrate at all, and some powerbook users are also finding they can’t calibrate, although not because of losing profiles.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Also, for anyone who has a firewire 800 drive–DON’T use it with panther. Also some people are having trouble with regular firewire, including target disk mode. If you have any kind of firewire drive, look for a firmware update from the manufacturer before using it with Panther.
SC
Stephen_C._Smith
Nov 1, 2003
Thanks for the heads-up. Looks like I will be waiting to go to Panther. As it is, 10.2.8 gave my 12" G4 powerbook a wake-from-auto-sleep problem. It will wake up fine if I put it to sleep on purpose. If it sleeps from inactivity, I have to restart it to get anything.

Steve
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Nov 1, 2003
Here’s a link to a MacMinute article <http://www.macminute.com/2003/10/31/firewirefirmware> that lists all the companies with firmware updates. I think there are 6 or 7.

Joe

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections