Posted By
gsindhu
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,
I upgaraded from 10.2 to to 10.2.8 to 10.3.2 But on different volumes. Now i am facing a problem with Photoshhop.
Using
-Macintosh – 10.3.2
-Photoshop 7.0/7.01./CS
I invoke my TWAIN driver from File Menu->Import.
On my UI-> i select the images to import. A progress sheet drops down. Import of the Image does NOT start until clicked "On the macintosh Apple" at the leftmost top OR until clicked on the Desktop.
Once any of this is done,
Import start and completes properly.
Why is this? Is this a bug in Photoshop?.

NOTE: I am not facing this problem in Adobe ImageReady 7.0 on 10.3.2. Does anyone have a solution.
Kindly reply.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Mar 2, 2004
Are you scanning??

if these are just images, say tif or jpg for example, you should just open them.

What version of photoshop are you using?

why do you need so many systems??

why do you need PS7 & PS7.0.1
G
gsindhu
Mar 3, 2004
yes,scanning.
We are constantly upgrading, hence now we are on 10.3.2. Photoshop Version – 7.0/CS. used various version to isolate the problem depending on the OS version and photoshop version. I do not face any of these problems on Mac OSX 10.2/10.2.8.
Only on Photoshop 7.0/CS on 10.3.2
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 4, 2004
Far more likely that it is a bug in the TWAIN driver for your scanner.
G
gsindhu
Mar 4, 2004
Thanks for the reply.
But how is it working in all other applications on 10.3.2 and not in Photoshop? Isn’t it more likely that it is a Photoshop bug?
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 4, 2004
I don’t know.

And no, it’s really not likely to be a Photoshop bug. (we’ve seen SOOO many TWAIN driver bugs, and only a few minor problems in Photoshop’s TWAIN interface).
G
gsindhu
Mar 4, 2004
Can you pls tell me, Are you working for Photoshop.?
Do you by any chance know where i should be looking in the TWAIN driver? Kindly reply.
NK
Neil_Keller
Mar 4, 2004
gsindhu,

Chris is on Adobe’s Photoshop team. His name appears on the splash screen each time you boot up Photoshop.

To find an appropriate TWAIN driver (or any device driver), contact the manufacturer of the product first. Check their Website or ask if there is an updated driver that is compatible with your specific OS and version of Photoshop. Beware that the older the peripheral, the less the chances of finding a suitable driver.

There are also some third party drivers that may be available for your scanner.

Adobe provides the specs for scanner manufacturers to follow, and it is up to them to do so for device compatibility with Photoshop.

Neil
G
gsindhu
Mar 5, 2004
Thanks to all those who replied.
We are developing a TWAIN driver on Mac 0n 10.2/10.3.2 as mentioned earlier. On 10.3 after calling the DSM_Entry() for Initiating the image transfer to Photoshop,Photoshop doesn’t callback the DS_Entry of the driver until the user clicks "on the Apple Menu at the leftmost top" or the "Desktop".
Looks like the application’s message loop is blocked.
Any pointers how to go about the same.
B
Buko
Mar 5, 2004
If you upgraded to Panther after loading Photoshop CS you probably need to reinstall Photoshop Scott Weichert "Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file." 2/10/04 9:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 6, 2004
In the TWAIN driver, there are no OS events being handled – only TWAIN messages.

Again, this is almost certainly a bug in your driver code.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections