DR
Posted By
Dave_Robertson
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running PS7 on a g5 and twice have encountered "can’t save due to disk error" messages. For perspective I do a high volume of work without any problems. These were actually very small files, ~5Mb, and most of my files are much larger. The first time I just tried to close the file and it was gone, kaput. The second time I was able to save-as to an external firewire drive. Does anyone know what’s happening here? This is one of those cases where I’d guess adobe will say it’s a g5 problem and apple will say the reverse so I’m hoping I can reach someone else who’s experienced this and hopefully resolved it. I have the 152Mb internal drive and 1.5 Gb ram, OS 10.3.2, G5 dual 1.8.

Thanks alot,
Dave Robertson

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Feb 27, 2004
You were saving as .psd correct?

Save as a tiff.

That is my suggestion. I have no real explanation you might find that in the future when you try to open some of your ,psd file especially big ones, you will encounter that the image is damage due to a disk error.

Usually images that have been scanned. I have very little expereince with digital capture and since they are never captured as psd they don’t seem to encounter this problem.
DR
Dave_Robertson
Feb 27, 2004
Hi Wade, you’re experiencing this regularly? You are correct these were psd files. I’ve only seen this twice in 10 yrs of photoshopping, both in the last week and I’ve been suspecting it’s unique to the g5 and PS but perhaps I’ve been lucky. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Dave
GB
g_ballard
Feb 27, 2004
try adding "cox" to your searches
GB
g_ballard
Feb 27, 2004
also "byer" & "markats"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections