BK
Posted By
Barb K
Jul 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or provide instructions on how to remove glare from eyeglasses. I have white circles fringed in purple that I would like to remove from some photographs and have tried the clone tool but wasn’t very effective. I’m using PE2.

Thanks for any tips.

Barb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 1, 2003
Hi Barb,

Problem is that spectral highlights often obliterate any pixel information that might of been there. So you can try burning, but it most likely will not have the effect you desire. The only option I can think of is Cloning.

Rich
LK
Leen Koper
Jul 1, 2003
If there is anything left behind this reflection, you might try to increase the saturation a little, burn a little, clone skin and eye colors etc, but just leave a little glare in the glasses. It shows there is a glass surface and it will look quite natural.
So don’t try to remove it completely.

Hope this helps a little,

Leen
VS
Vince Staffo
Jul 1, 2003
Don’t know if this will work for you! On page 75 in
the book Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions by Mikkel Aaland there is a tutorial on "Getting Rid of Glasses Glare"

Vince

"Barb K" wrote in message
Hi. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or provide instructions on how to
remove glare from eyeglasses. I have white circles fringed in purple that I would like to remove from some photographs and have tried the clone tool but wasn’t very effective. I’m using PE2.
Thanks for any tips.

Barb

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections