AM
Posted By
alexxx.magni
Jul 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry if the question is answered somewhere else, I’m a complete newbie.
I need to perform a sequence of actions involving 2 different windows, where the content of a window is used, then applied to the other, etc. Recording the action, I saw that – from the point of view of Photoshop – these windows selections consist simply in "select next/previous window" or something similar.

Is there a way to set up the action so that I can edit the window name to select, or even better to have it ask me at runtime on which window I want to work at a given step?

thanks!

Alessandro Magni

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Jul 13, 2006
wrote:
Sorry if the question is answered somewhere else, I’m a complete newbie.
I need to perform a sequence of actions involving 2 different windows, where the content of a window is used, then applied to the other, etc. Recording the action, I saw that – from the point of view of Photoshop – these windows selections consist simply in "select next/previous window" or something similar.

Is there a way to set up the action so that I can edit the window name to select, or even better to have it ask me at runtime on which window I want to work at a given step?

thanks!

Alessandro Magni
Not really. You might be better off bringing the contents of one document into the other, working on the layers then exporting to a new document when done.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections