SB
Posted By
Sandoer_Berg
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just looking for suggestions or a "No, dude, that won’t work". I’ve been asked to do a job for a photographer that requires an 8 hour turnaround. The basic idea is that he’s taking wedding style photos against a generic background. He then wants to "cut out" the people in the photos and place them on a different background. Simple enough. However, there are going to be 70-80 of these photos, and as I mentioned before, there is a short time to make these adjustments. From my experience, I can either use the PS or Corel "Knock Out" mask, or use the "Blend" sliders in the Layer Style dialogue box to cut out the background. In the case of the "Knock Out" mask, I would have to trace each photo with an "in" and "out" mask outline. In the case of the "Blend" sliders, I might end up removing parts of the photo subjects as well as the background. Might there be any Actions or processes that would cut out varying subjects and take very little time to complete? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 29, 2003
Only in the rarest of circumstances could you automate this. If your subjects were on a "green screen" or a "blue screen", you would stand a chance, albeit slim. But in general, "No, dude, that won’t work".

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections