JB
Posted By
Judy Bradley
Jul 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a new computer running Win XP, reinstalled PhotoShop 7.0 & Illustrator 9.0 and now I am having loads of problems with new and previously created files and graphics. I am working on a network, but I’ve always been on a network. Often files do not open and I receive a message "Cannot not open file because of a disc error" – then I try again and they open ; Most times I can not save over files and receive "File already exists" or "…Sharing Violation…" ; The programs won’t allow me to place graphics files ; If files open, the program is all out of whack. Also, even though I’m on a network, I am the ony person accessing these files. The only difference seems to be Win XP. Please help if at all poosible!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Jul 2, 2003
Even though you have always worked on the net work, YOU should not work on any graphic file across the network, copy it to your local drive. This may not fix your current problem but its something I would strongly sugest.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 2, 2003
first get 7.01. then try saving locally and copying to the network…
JB
Judy Bradley
Jul 2, 2003
Thanks for the response. I will try this.

I have seen some other postings referring to the "saving error" with win xp. Has there been any resolution to this issue? And since I just started running win xp, are there any other suggestions you can make that have solved typical problems, so I don’t have to read 600 threads?
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 2, 2003
It’s not only with winxp, happens in 98SE and Windows ME too; users with and without a LAN report the issue. Adobe is aware of it, but is unable to repeat the issue. It therefore remains one of those mystical magic moments in computing.
JB
Judy Bradley
Jul 2, 2003
I just tried installing 7.0.1 but am receiving a message that it can not locate Photoshop 7.0 on my system. Now what??
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 2, 2003
For that one you must contact Adobe customer support, and check the FAQ’s for that error message.
DM
dave milbut
Jul 2, 2003
oopsie! arrgh.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections