MO
Posted By
Magnus_O
May 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an action in which i edit over 100 images for a stop motion film. Do do this, in my action, i edit the image and copy selections of it to a new image file, and save this file as a JPG in lower quality. However, i have a hard time making photoshop understand that I want to save each file as a different file.. say 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc.

whenever i record the save as function it always overwrites. what do i have to do to make photoshop save continuously new files?

Thanks!
M

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
May 13, 2007
have you tried using "save as" instead of "save"? and you’ll probably need to toggle the dialog to on in the action palette.
MO
Magnus_O
May 14, 2007
ive been using save as. what do i have to toggle? there must be some kind of formula-like setting i can set it to, n+1 type thing(?)
DM
dave_milbut
May 14, 2007
there must be some kind of formula-like setting i can set it to, n+1 type thing

no i don’t think so. you can write a script and do it that way but not from actions.

the toggle is here:
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1OEEV4lyvNdmEGdw2R 0ZOQ9RymancX>
AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
May 15, 2007
Hi M,
In the "Save As" dialog do not specify file name (otherwise the action will always overwrite your first JPEG).

Also, I’d suggest naming the new documents automatically. If you don’t close the edited images the names will look like Untitled-1, Untitled-2, etc. So, later on you can easily batch-rename those.

SimplePhotoshop.com <http://simplephotoshop.com/>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections