DD
Posted By
David de Jongh
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop Elements version 1.0 to edit an print images, and my wife is complaining that some pictures I uploaded to a web site look "insipid" compared to the way they look in PSE. I am looking at the same .jpg file on the same monitor, side-by-side in PSE and the Windows XP preview, and sure enough, she’s right. The grass looks green and lush in PSE, but dry and pale in Win preview.
Is this a known problem, or am I missing some kind of setting?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DD
David de Jongh
Dec 27, 2006
Well, apparently nobody is using PSE 1.0. Does this happen in later versions?

"David de Jongh" wrote in message
I use Photoshop Elements version 1.0 to edit an print images, and my wife is complaining that some pictures I uploaded to a web site look "insipid" compared to the way they look in PSE. I am looking at the same .jpg file on the same monitor, side-by-side in PSE and the Windows XP preview, and sure enough, she’s right. The grass looks green and lush in PSE, but dry and pale in Win preview.
RG
Roy G
Dec 28, 2006
"David de Jongh" wrote in message

I have never used Elements 1, but it sounds very much like a Colour Management problem. Elements 2 upwards, is CM aware, but Windows and I.E. are not.

Were the photos taken with a Camera set to Adobe RGB, or saved in Elements while the CM is set for Printing, or Advanced.

The first case will have, and the second might have, attached the Adobe RGB Profile to the pics, and when they are viewed in a Non CM program they will be viewed as if they were sRGB, and look Dull.

Try saving them, or copies, again in Elements after you have changed the Edit > CM Settings to Web Use. This should change the attached profiles to sRGB, without changing the colours. Then when they are viewed in I.E. they should look OK.

Changing "tagged" Profiles is very much easier in the Big PS rather than Elements, and I must confess that I am not certain about how Elements does it, but the above is my best guess.

Roy G

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections