T
Posted By
topprops
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
if I open a tif file created by scanner, when I try to save as, can’t save as jpg file. why not? if I open a jpg file there are alot more choices of file formats that I can save as. why is the list not the same, just because I openned a tif file from a scanner.

thanks

jon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 15, 2004
Your TIF is likely 16 bit?
Change to 8 bit.

Mac
T
topprops
Jun 15, 2004
interesting suggestion. but I don’t know how to do that. looked in photoshop, didn’t see any way to change from 16 bit to 8 bit. nothing in scanner software let’s me control that. is there some other progam for changing bit depth.

thanks

jon
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 15, 2004
Photoshop: Image/Mode

M
T
topprops
Jun 15, 2004
image was bitmap. had greyed out 8 bit and 16 bit modes. but changed to grayscale. then choices were not greyed out. image was 8 bit.

and when changed to grey scale jpg save as becomes available. I guess jpg not available for bitmap images.

thanks

jon
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 15, 2004
Right.

Didn’t figure you had started with just pure black/white or would have mentioned that also.

Good for you…

M
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 15, 2004
Also, Save For Web will let you make jpeg/gif/png from about any mode, converts on the fly…if that turns into faster work flow.

M

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections