Posted By
missingvoree
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello,

am trying to save as a group of tif files to jpg file extension. i cannot set up the batch command to perform this task. any ideas of where to start for a step by step, thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 16, 2003
You haven’t stated your version of Photoshop. If it’s "CS", then the following may NOT apply, I don’t know.

Basically, you create an action to Save As JPG. Then you run File|Automate|Batch on a folder of files, using that action.

Basic overview.

Open a dummy image, start recording, File|Save As. Carry the steps all the way through actually saving the file, then stop recording.

Toggle the dialog of the action to OFF in the actions pallet (the little square next to the action name).

You are now ready to batch.

File|Automate|Batch

Action to run = the one you just created
Source = Folder
Choose = select the folder containing your tiffs
Destination = Folder
Choose = select where you want them to go
Override Action Save As Commands = CHECKED

Optionally choose a naming convention and hit "GO". Each image in the source folder will open, then Save As JPG to the selected destination folder, then close.

Peace,
Tony
BB
brent_bertram
Nov 16, 2003
You might also trying downloading IrfanView, a free utility and check out it’s format conversions. I tend to prefer them for batch jobs.

🙂

Brent
CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 16, 2003
Or you coul duse Photoshop ALbum or Photoshop Elements – both of these have this capability out of the box.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections