TH
Posted By
Tom_Hanser
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Everyone morning I boot this networked Win2K machine here at work, and launch PhotoShop to start my day.

But every morning for the last week, PhotoShop (when it starts) asks me if I want to change my color settings, and I see all my pref’s are reset.

Any idea why?

Ironically, a month or two ago, I was having to delete the preferences file, and restart PS because it was acting up. That always fixes it.

Now my prefs are reset every morning when I launch PhotoShop.

Time to nuke this drive, and install Win2K again? Or re-install PS? I’d have to contact the IT guys here at work for that.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobLevine
Jun 4, 2004
Are you shutting the computer down with Photoshop open?

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jun 4, 2004
Does your copy of Photoshop live on a local hard drive, on your machine, or is it on a networked server? Are your pref files located on YOUR machine?

Sounds like stupid questions, but we need to get them out of the way.
TH
Tom_Hanser
Jun 4, 2004
PS 7.0 is installed on my HD, as confirmed by my IT guys, I’m told.

Likewise, my prefs file are located on my HD, as well.

Exiting PS first, before shutting down the machine? It never occured to me.

Generally, I exit PS completely. But I might be guilty of leaving it open and shutting down Windows – making a dash for the door.

Prior to this prefs resetting problem, I was dumping my prefs every two or three weeks. PS was getting cranky, like Curves not responding.

Thanks again.
P
Phosphor
Jun 4, 2004
"But I might be guilty of leaving it open and shutting down Windows – making a dash for the door."

Stop doing that.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections