JC
Posted By
Jeane Carlson
Jul 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m embarrassed to even ask as many times as it has been posted…But can someone please refresh my memory on how to reset preferences. I printed it out so I would have it if needed, and guess what? Yep, can’t locate it.
Thanks,
Jeane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy S
Jul 21, 2003
Jean,

As soon as you hit the icon to start PSE, immediately grab the three keys shift/alt/ctrl and hold them all down until you see a dialog box. Let the keys go and answer yes. That’s it!

Nancy
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 21, 2003
Unless you happen to run a Mac, in which case substitute Command, Option, and Shift! 🙂
JC
Jeane Carlson
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks Beth,
I finally located my cheat sheet last night and reset the preferences. It didn’t fix my problem. I have re-booted my computer, closed and re-opened PSE.
The problem is this: When I open an image, select the horizontal type tool, and start to type on the image, each character selects a new tool instead of letting me type. If I manually make a new layer it works, but I shouldn’t have to do that, should I? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeane
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 21, 2003
Jeane

After selecting the type tool, do you left mouse click on the graphic where you want to begin typing?

Dave.
JC
Jeane Carlson
Jul 21, 2003
Dave,
I think I am doing that so as to place the text where I want it. Knowing me, though, maybe I’m not. I’ll check and get back to ya. Thanks
Jeane
DH
Dave Hamer
Jul 21, 2003
Jeane

Not to worry. We have all been there. Somtimes what we think is very intuitive is actually not.

Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections