GS
Posted By
George Stilley
Jul 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As recommended by several, which seemed to fit at least 2 of my longstanding probs, I reset prefs, renamed the background but

* I still cant type (see message by that name)

* The type turns white or transparent before I can start typing. How can I tell diff btwn wite & clear?

From the 16 pics, which were orig JPEG, Ive got a lotta layers, but still dont know how to add the text layers where I want them!!

The montage is saved in psd

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RC
Richard Coencas
Jul 29, 2003
Couple of things to check. In the option bar of the type tool there is a color square, make sure that is not white. Next make sure your image is RGB.

Layers can be reordered by dragging or by going to Layer>Arrange. Make sure your type layer is on top.

Rich
NS
Nancy S
Jul 29, 2003
George,

Looking at your layers palette, choose the layer you want to add text to by selecting it in the palette. At bottom of palette choose the symbol to give you a new layer, it will be added above your selected one (you want it to be transparent). Choose the type tool and the options you want (such as color, font,bold). The color of the text will be whatever color is showing in the ‘topmost’ square at the bottom of the tool box. There are three choices near the top of the screen to choose placement of text on a line, for example; the first box shows text which will begin where you first click and then continue to the right. You must give the text a starting point by clicking and then entering letters.

Does this do it for you?

Nancy
NS
Nancy S
Jul 29, 2003
George,

Additionally, I think it best to put only one line of text per layer. This way text is more easily manipulated should you need/want to change location or spacing. One line can be easily moved anywhere by selecting that layer in palette, choose the ‘Move’ tool in the tool box, place cursor inside the bounding box and drag around. (just click another tool, like the magnifier to come back to ‘ground zero’).
GS
George Stilley
Jul 30, 2003
Thanks Nancy.
Sounds good/slick. Wish Id read your notes sooner. Let you know if doesnt work

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections