CD
Posted By
Colin D
Jan 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PS 6 and Elements 3, and both are giving me gamma headaches. Besides the PS programs, I also use Irfanview and Compupic viewers, and I have a Matrox video card with which I can accurately set the monitor gamma to 2.2, so images in the latter two programs, and my browser, look correct.

Howver I cannot seem to turn off the gamma correction in the PS programs, and the resultant gamma when in PS6 or elements 3 ia around
1.5 as near as I can tell.

I can correct the gamma to 2.2 in PS by altering the Matrox gamma setting, but then the other image programs show wrongly graduated images.

How can I disable completely the gamma ‘correction’ in PS, and use only the Matrox correction to suit all programs?

This is rather important, as I frequently have largish (8×12, 10×15) prints done by the local Frontier lab, and I need my calibration to be close enough that the prints come out well.

TIA,

Colin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections