JM
Posted By
Jennifer_McCully
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have reset both my PhotoShop preferences (deleted my photos55.ini file as instructed when PhotoShop has weird behavior going on) and I also reset all of my tool preferences and I am still having text problems.

When I start a new file, I click on the text button, type in the text, at this point I can see it on the layout, but then when I click "okay" to close the text box, half of the text disappears. When I open the box again, I can see all of the words, but when I close it to move onto the next layer, half of the letters disappear again.

How can I get rid of this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 3, 2006
Half the letters disappear

Which half, top, bottom, left or right.

If top or bottom, is there a setting for baseline shift that might be off. Or is the leading set at a strange setting.

Wich I could help more, but 5.5 is a distant memory to me.
JM
Jennifer_McCully
Oct 3, 2006
Actually, I am still playing with it. I am doing a large layout 24 x 36 and when I create the text in a smaller layout (8.5 x 11) and bring it over into the larger layout it seems to want to "stay put". I am mainly missing the right side of the text for the most part. I did just try to mess around with the tracking (making the number smaller since the look I was going for…the letters were really spread out) and that seemed to somewhat help.

Overall, the problem is not fixed completely. Now, the leading was set at 14 even though the text is just a website address (one line all the way across). To test it out, I just deleted the 14 to be zero and the text dissapeared again. Really odd…
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 3, 2006
Leading should never be 0. Normally it will be 20 percent more than the point size.

What is the resolution of the image in Image>Image Size. Often lower numbers than 72 here can cause problems.
JM
Jennifer_McCully
Oct 3, 2006
The resolution is 300 dpi.
L
LenHewitt
Oct 4, 2006
Jenifer,

There was a problem in an earlier version of PS (and it might have been
5.5) Where large point-sizes at higher resolutions would do that. The
only workaround was to use the type mask tool and fill the selection with colour. Of course, that means the text is not editable, but it is a workaround.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections