L
Posted By
Lisa
Apr 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to add a colored lens flare to a photo, so that it looks like a flash of colored light is coming out of the subject. Any ideas?

BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Thanks!
Lisa

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Roberto
Apr 22, 2004
Try this. Also works with most other bitmaps editors such as Corel PhotoPAINT.

http://www.pluginsworld.com/adobe/photoshop/index.php?editor =498&application =16&plugin=398

"Lisa" wrote in message
I’m trying to add a colored lens flare to a photo, so that it looks like a flash of colored light is coming out of the subject. Any ideas?
BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Thanks!
Lisa

MR
Mike Russell
Apr 26, 2004
Lisa wrote:
BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Look under your filters for "Lens Flare". I believe the lens flare filter is included with PS 5.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
L
Lisa
Apr 30, 2004
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Lisa wrote:
BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Look under your filters for "Lens Flare". I believe the lens flare filter is included with PS 5.

Thanks Mike. It is included in PS 5. That’s what I was planning to use. What I’m really looking for is a way to make the light colored, like a beam or flash of colored light coming straight at you. Unfortunately, it appears that the lens flare filter only comes in white light.

Any other ideas? 😉

Thanks again,
Lisa
M
Mostack
Apr 30, 2004
Lisa wrote:
Thanks Mike. It is included in PS 5. That’s what I was planning t use. What
I’m really looking for is a way to make the light colored, like beam or
flash of colored light coming straight at you. Unfortunately, i appears
that the lens flare filter only comes in white light.

Any other ideas? 😉

Thanks again,
Lisa [/B]

Is blending modes for layers included in PS5?
I don`t remember. For PS 6&7:

->new layer -> fill it with black -> apply lens flare -> Hue/Saturario (any color) -> set "Screen" blending mode for layer

Mostac
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message72770.htm
MR
Mike Russell
Apr 30, 2004
Lisa wrote:
Lisa wrote:

BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Thanks Mike. It is included in PS 5. That’s what I was planning to use. What I’m really looking for is a way to make the light colored, like a beam or flash of colored light coming straight at you. Unfortunately, it appears that the lens flare filter only comes in white light.

Any other ideas? 😉

PS 5.0 supports layers – so put the flare on another layer and use curves to add color.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
MR
Mike Russell
Apr 30, 2004
Mike Russell wrote:
Lisa wrote:
Lisa wrote:

BTW, I’m using PS5.0

Any other ideas? 😉

PS 5.0 supports layers – so put the flare on another layer and use curves to add color.

Here’s a more complete procedure, using Hue/Sat instead of curves:

1) make a new layer, and fill it with black
2) set the mode to lighten
3) add a flare to the black layer
4) use Image>Adjust>Hue/Sat, check the colorize box, increase the saturation, and move the Hue slider until you get the color you want. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
L
Lisa
May 1, 2004
"Mostack" wrote in message
Is blending modes for layers included in PS5?
I don`t remember. For PS 6&7:

->new layer -> fill it with black -> apply lens flare -> Hue/Saturarion (any color) -> set "Screen" blending mode for layer.

I’m not sure, but I’ll let you know. Thanks for your input!

Lisa
L
Lisa
May 1, 2004

4) use Image>Adjust>Hue/Sat, check the colorize box, increase the saturation, and move the Hue slider until you get the color you want.

Thanks Mike! I’ll try that.

Lisa
L
Lisa
May 1, 2004
"Lisa" wrote in message

4) use Image>Adjust>Hue/Sat, check the colorize box, increase the saturation, and move the Hue slider until you get the color you want.

Thanks Mike! I’ll try that.

SMASHING! BRILLIANT! BANG ON!

It worked. 😉

Thanks again!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections