T
Posted By
Tel
Dec 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is probably not original, there isn’t much that is. One tends to forget reading things after a while and then come up with a novel idea which isn’t novel at all. Whattever.

This tip is for a light-weight tripod, great for carrying around but not as stable as a heavy-weight. The mirror going up is enough to shake the tripod even if you use a remote to trigger the camera.
Make a length of parcel string with a loop in either end. The top end goes over the tripod camera platform and down on to the apex of the tripod. The lower end has a loop big enough to get your foot in and is just off the ground.
Stick your foot in it and press down a little, instant heavy-weight tripod.

Tel.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 27, 2003
I like that suggestion as I have a new Manfrotto lightweight tripod that could probably benefit from a trick like that.
T
Tel
Dec 28, 2003
An after-thought, it may well work better using one of those luggage rack elastic thingy’s. Then you can tread right down to the ground and eliminate gitters from your foot.
Tel.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 28, 2003
Tel

I often just hang my camera bag off the tripod and the bag is heavy 🙁

Grant
T
Tel
Dec 29, 2003
Hi Grant, with a capital ‘G’ this time,

Yep that too though often I go for a walk with only tripod, camera and one lens. Makes for a disciplined targeting of subjects with a specific lens not to mention a light load 🙂

Tel.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 29, 2003
Tel

Did I use a capital ‘G’ … hmmm i must have been very ambitious that day.

g.
T
Tel
Dec 30, 2003
No, you didn’t, I had in my reply though and I thought that a small ‘g’ was not quite proper for such an esteemed gentleman as yourself
😉
Tel.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 1, 2004
Here’s a question for those of you looking at this forum on the adobeforums.com site. For this thread I’m seeing 5 arrow shapes next to the thread title. For others I see a single vertical box. There must be a significance to these things.

BTW–we’re back in NC, yeah!!!! no more travelling for about 8 weeks.

Dick
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 1, 2004
Dick,

I visit the forum through the website. To compare…each of the five posts (prior to yours) are marked with a triangle, a new one added to each consecutive post. The post before your question having 5 triangles. Your post has just a rectangular box on end. I believe this distinction is because the triangle is assigned if one clicks on the "Reply" directly under a post rather than typing in the text box and hitting "Post Message".

edit—though the triangles do not appear next to the thread title, they display alongside each post

Nancy
AM
Al_Millstein
Jan 1, 2004
How about just bearing downward on the camera/on tripood with your free hand. I frequently use one hand for bearing down, and the second hand for cable or air shutter release.

That leaves my third hand free for whatever else comes along.

Al
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 1, 2004
Al

I like the idea of bearing down with you free hand as long as it is some one other than me. I am such a KLUTZ. For whatever if I touch the tripod or the camera I would have been better off hand holding my equipment. Depending my the camera I am using and the when the conditions allow I rely on the self timer or a remote (cable release or ir trigger). Did I mention I am a klutz 😉

g.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 2, 2004
Nancy,

Thanks for the explanation….now it seems to make sense.

Dick

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections