RP
Posted By
Rosaura_Pujol
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Windows XP, when I "save as" jpg a tif file I get two extentions on the file name. So that original tif is now named xxx.tif.jpg. Same happens with other kind of formats, always remains old format + new format in the extention name. Anyone knows the answer?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Jan 20, 2004
Same happened to me in v7. I never found out what caused it (tried for a LOOOOONG time). Finally went away when I got a new machine and reformatted/reinstalled xp. I learned to live with it by deleting the incorrect extention. Sorry, not much help, but at least you have company.
RP
Rosaura_Pujol
Jan 21, 2004
Thanks Dave, my news are I have several operating systems in different computers, and it only happens with xp professional. So it seems like a windows problem rather than a PS problem. Check it out
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 21, 2004
, and it only happens with xp

that’s my guess too.
RP
Rosaura_Pujol
Jan 21, 2004
Dave, sorry to insist but…..you got it solved or not by changing machine and reinstalling xp? That point is not clear. Thanks
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 21, 2004
in my case it was a new machine with an empty drive, so format and new install of xp. i was never able to solve it on the old machine.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections