Posted By
Don Richard
Oct 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else had this problem
When I save a file with multiple layers the top layer will end up with colored lines through it
It doesn’t happen every time but enough that to be sure I don’t lose my work I add an extra layer most of the time now
The lines look like the pixels have shifted a bit sideways Any help will be much appreciated

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Oct 16, 2005
Don Richard wrote:
When I save a file with multiple layers the top layer will end up with colored lines through it
It doesn’t happen every time but enough that to be sure I don’t lose my work I add an extra layer most of the time now
The lines look like the pixels have shifted a bit sideways Any help will be much appreciated

What OS, etc.?
Sounds like a hardware problem, maybe a faulty cable or bad RAM.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
N
noone
Oct 16, 2005
In article <DUh4f.227$
says…
Don Richard wrote:
It doesn’t happen every time but enough that to be sure I don’t lose my
work
I add an extra layer most of the time now

What OS, etc.?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Probably a good call. I have only seen similar with SCSI HDD and bad termination setting. Otherwise, I cannot imagine that PS is doing this.

Hunt
T
Tacit
Oct 16, 2005
In article <frh4f.109363$>,
"Don Richard" wrote:

We can not answer your question, because you did not give enough information. What kind of computer are you using? What kind of hard drive? What operating system?

I have seen the problem you describe in two situations:

1. Your hard drive is beginning to fail, or something on your motherboard is malfunctioning; -or-

2. You are using Mac OS X and you have installed Norton Antivirus.

If the problem is #1, the solution is to fix the damage to your computer. If the problem is #2, the fix is to remove Norton Antivirus.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
X
xDsrtRat
Oct 16, 2005
"edjh" wrote in message
Don Richard wrote:
work

What OS, etc.?

Is this just onscreen or does it print like that as well? I had a similar problem with the viewing only, i.e. printed image was OK. The solution was the refresh rate being set too low. When I boosted the refresh rate, the problem went away. If it just a viewed image, I’ve also seen references to disabling or lowering the Hardware Acceleration rate for your video card. —

the first time?
DR
Don Richard
Oct 20, 2005
Thanks for help
It is Windows XP I will try your suggestions

"tacit" wrote in message
"Don Richard" wrote:

work

We can not answer your question, because you did not give enough information. What kind of computer are you using? What kind of hard drive? What operating system?

1. Your hard drive is beginning to fail, or something on your motherboard is malfunctioning; -or-

If the problem is #1, the solution is to fix the damage to your computer. If the problem is #2, the fix is to remove Norton Antivirus.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
Brian
Oct 30, 2005
tacit wrote:
"Don Richard" wrote:

Hey Tacit,

how are you? I have not debated with you for ages! I am that crazy Corel nut who is now a Corel/Adobe nut. I just browsed your website and noticed it is somewhat updated since I last saw it. It is looking great and quite entertaining too! Keep up the good work,

Brian.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections