P
Posted By
PeterK.
Sep 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It does so for a reason, because it makes the file most friendly for web servers. If you upload files for the web with more than a certain number of characters or characters that use anything other than letters, numbers, underscores or dashes, you may cause all sorts of problems in your site design or for people downloading those images. I don’t know if there’s a way to change that behaviour, but if you are saving for the web in order to use images on the web, your best bet would be to follow those standards to avoid potential problems.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CN
Cybernetic Nomad
Sep 8, 2006
Yes, just save as, you won’t strip the metadata though…
EC
Elizabeth_C_Miller
Dec 20, 2006
I am having the same problem with the Contact Sheet II feature — it truncates the name or substitues garbage letters. I am trying to make contact sheets of thousands of images — and it is tedious to have to rename them one by one.

Urgent help needed!

I am using an iMAC, 10.4 and photoshop CS.
B
Bernie
Dec 21, 2006
How to disable file name truncating?

IIRC, you have to go in the SFW settings to disable this.

Elizabeth

I’ve never seen the Contact Sheet create garbage letters (other than … to indicate a longer filename) How much space is available for the file name dictates what happens.

You may want to look for a script that won’t truncate the file name

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections