P
Posted By
peter
Mar 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to PS and cannot figure out how to fade the edges on a photo. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Peter

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jjs
Mar 14, 2005
"peter" wrote in message
I am new to PS and cannot figure out how to fade the edges on a photo. Can someone please help?

Make sure your image is RGB. Select-All (control-a). Menu: Select – border – an arbitrary value, try 50. Menu: Select-Inverse. Then under the Window-Actions pallet look to the top and click on "Vignette (Selection)" and press the little right-arrow at the bottom of the pallet.

If you don’t like the outcome, then File-Revert and try a value other than 50.

There are other ways which I’m sure will be suggested. I mainly wanted to point you to the Actions that come with Photoshop.
E
edjh
Mar 14, 2005
peter wrote:

Thanks,

Peter
Layer Mask

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
P
peter
Mar 14, 2005
Thank you both! JJ, thats just what I need.

Peter
M
Mikey
Mar 14, 2005
"jjs" wrote in message
"peter" wrote in message

Make sure your image is RGB. Select-All (control-a). Menu: Select – border – an arbitrary value, try 50. Menu: Select-Inverse. Then under the Window-Actions pallet look to the top and click on "Vignette (Selection)" and press the little right-arrow at the bottom of the pallet.
If you don’t like the outcome, then File-Revert and try a value other than 50.

There are other ways which I’m sure will be suggested. I mainly wanted to point you to the Actions that come with Photoshop.

If you want to create an automatic action that does this:

1. Display your Actions window (Windows/Actions).
2. Click on the right arrow at the top of the Actions box and select New Action.
3. Give it a name (e.g. Faded Edges) and assign a hotkey to it if desired.
4. Click Record.
5. Follow jjs’s steps:

— Hit Ctrl-A or go to Select/All

— Select/Modify/Border/50 (or whatever) pixels

— Select/Inverse

— In the Actions window, click on Vignette and then the Play button (the little right arrow at the bottom of the Actions window)

— Optionally, you can merge layers, change your selection tool etc at this point

— Click the Stop button in the Actions window

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections