WC
Posted By
william_craft
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trouble fading the edges of a graphic that will be placed in pagemaker. I have a mask over the edges and a clipping path and it looks good in PS but when I place it in pagemaker and print it, I get what looks like a white outline around the edges of the graphic. This does not let the graphic that is behind it show through in that are ruining the effect I was shooting for. I am open to suggestions on how to solve this problem. I would also like to find any tutorials anyone might know of as well.

thanks always to everyone for all the help.

billy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 30, 2004
Pagemaker does not support transparency. You’ll need to create your file with a background identical to the PM background.

Or do the really smart thing and move to InDesign.

Bob
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 30, 2004
it does support clipping paths
WC
william_craft
Apr 30, 2004
Bob,

we’ve been meaning to move to InDesign but our workload (and the learning curve) really hasn’t permitted it yet. We have the entire CS suite but haven’t loaded that either. I was trying to avoid having to do the entire spread in photoshop but I guess I have no choice now.

Thanks for the help.

billy
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 30, 2004
it does support clipping paths

Of couse it does and that’s why he’s getting that hard edge. He needs a soft edge that will fade to the background. You can’t do that with Pagemaker or Quark.

Bob
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Apr 30, 2004
In addition to Bob´s recommendation about the
creation of an image in PhS, placed on a uniform
background in PM:

It´s necessary to make the uniform background in
PM by an IMAGE which is a blown up version of a
small part (e.g.16×16 pixel) of the uniform back-
ground of the fading image in PhS.

If the background in PM is a box then the printed
colors can differ because images and vector graphics
are often printed by different rendering intents.

The method "image on image" is safe.

Best regards — Gernot Hoffmann
H
Ho
Apr 30, 2004
because images and vector graphics are often printed by different rendering intents.

Good point. I have done it both ways and Gernot’s method is the one to choose if you don’t like costly surprises.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections