W
Posted By
What-a-Tool
Jun 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have a photo of my dog. I want to leave an area(ellipsoid shaped) around her nice and sharp, but kind of smoke/fade the edges progressively off to nothing.
Can someone point me in the direction I need to go with this? (CS)

Thank You very much

/ Sean Mc /

"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work." – Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 18, 2005
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:23:12 -0400, "What-a-Tool" wrote:

Have a photo of my dog. I want to leave an area(ellipsoid shaped) around her nice and sharp, but kind of smoke/fade the edges progressively off to nothing.
Can someone point me in the direction I need to go with this? (CS)
Thank You very much
Sean,

First make a copy of your background layer (insurance purposes), press d to set your default fore and background colours (make sure white is the background) then working on the copy I would make an elliptical selection around your dog, invert the selection and put a 15-20 pixel ( the amount is up to you, more=deeper blur) feathering onto it and then fill the background with white by pressing Control and enter. Have you only posted this to this NG?
HTH
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply
W
What-a-Tool
Jun 18, 2005
Have you only posted this to this NG?
HTH
Mike H

Thank you for the help – and yes, why?
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 18, 2005
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:11:06 -0400, "What-a-Tool" wrote:

Have you only posted this to this NG?
HTH
Mike H

Thank you for the help – and yes, why?
Sean
🙂
So did I when I first started asking for help with Photoshop and I never seemed to get a reply from this group. Then I "twigged" and joined the Adobe forum for photoshop (free) and the help came flooding in. Check the majority of the contributors, they all belong to the Adobe forum. It’s not a "clique" sort of thing, this site is merely a mirror for the forum and as such is rarely if ever seen by the vast majority of the people who can help. I only use it as it quicker to call this NG up than to login to the forum.
You were lucky this time 😉 as I knew how I would go about achieving the effect you were looking for.
Regards
Mike H
remove -bats- to reply

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections